Initiation and Planning
Planning a project? In the planning phase, contact JEA to ensure the services you need are available.
- Request a service availability to determine if we’re the utility provider for your home or business. A service availability letter will be provided to you with an expiration date of one (1) year from the written date and will include potential points of connection to JEA’s system and a tracking number referred to as an availability number. If the scope of your project should change during this year-long availability, a new availability request may be needed.
- Verify existing utilities and/or locations of water and sewer taps, request as-built drawings.
- Know what’s below and dig safely. Make sure you call 811 or go online to www.callsunshine.com to locate underground lines and cables in your yard. Sunshine State One Call will send a locator to mark the approximate location of underground lines and cables in your yard.
- Schedule a Pre Application/Design Meeting with our Development Group to discuss your project’s conceptual requirements.
- Review JEA Standards and Design Guideline Reference Material.
- Determine if temporary utility service will be needed.
- Review Water and Sewer permit process.
- Review and determine if an Industrial Pretreatment Survey should be submitted.
During the design phase of your project, we are here to work with you. A site visit may be required for more complex installations. Please make sure to do the following:
- Submit your proposed engineering plans, permits and other required applicable documents for review and final approval prior to service availability expiration.
- Review electrical design drawings and provide your feedback or approval to us.
- Submit your requests to our Real Estate group for plat review and/or easement approval.
- Review specific fee information (e.g., tariff charges and deposits) and send any required payments to begin construction.
- Complete and submit any applicable forms that may be required in the next stage of construction.
- Inform us of any design, schedule or construction site changes. Keep in mind that these changes may result in additional costs and/or delays in the construction schedule.
- Update the documentation if the scope and/or ownership of your project should change.
During the construction phase, we work with you to complete your project by the agreed construction schedule. Please be sure to keep us informed of any design, schedule or construction site changes. Keep in mind that these changes may result in additional costs and/or delays in the construction schedule. You’ll also be able to view the status of your project anytime online by entering the service availability number.
Please do the following during the construction phase:
- Complete our Water Sewer Pre-Construction Request Form to schedule a Pre-Construction Meeting.
- Inform us of any design, schedule or construction site changes.
- Update the documentation if scope and/or ownership of your project should change.
Your project is almost complete. Make sure your goals are met by reviewing your project design plans to determine if you require any more assistance from JEA to complete your project.
- Submit required project documents for transfer of ownership and maintenance of new constructed infrastructure.
- Submit your application and payment for required services, which may include deposit requirements.
- Contact our Customer Center at (904) 665-6000 regarding billing inquiries.